DOB NOW is the Department’s new public facing web interface that allows customers to conduct transactions online. DOB NOW provides customers with the ability to manage more robust online accounts, making it easier to submit applications, make payments, schedule appointments, check the status of an application or inspection, pull permits, make renewals, and have virtual interactions with Agency staff. The DOB has released several Service Updates for end-of-year Elevator filings.
Here’s are 3 updates you need to know:
- New functionality in DOB NOW: Safety to allow for the filing of Category 5 Inspection/Test Reports if it has been more than six years since the last filing. These Category 5 Inspection/Test Report filings are required to be submitted in DOB NOW: Safety at www.nyc.gov/dobnow by March 31, 2019
- DOB NOW: Safety will not accept an inspection date that is older than one year of the filing date. For example, if a filing is submitted on January 15, 2019, the oldest inspection date that can be entered is January 15, 2018.
- This is an update to Follow-up #4: Elevator Compliance Filings Service Notice that states filings submitted until March 31, 2019 in DOB NOW: Safety will not be charged late fees.
- If the required report is not filed by March 31, 2019, the device will be subject to a violation for failure to file as per 1 RCNY§103-02.
- For issues submitting an elevator compliance filing in DOB NOW: Safety (including device not found) please use the DOB NOW Help Form at www.nyc.gov/dobnowhelp and provide the specific device number and the type of report you are attempting to file (CAT1, CAT5, or AOC).
- Please also note that submitting reports is different than performing inspections – while reports can be submitted through the date as listed above, 2018 inspections cannot be performed in 2019.
- To accommodate circumstances where Appendix K, Table N1 of the NYC Building Code allows for the completion of an Elevator Inspection/Test Report (ELV3) without a Witnessing Agency, the following question will be added to DOB NOW: Safety on November 21, 2018:
- Does NYC Building Code Appendix K, Table N1 allow all of the inspection(s) and/or test(s) referenced in this submission to be completed without a witnessing agency? Yes No
- −If ‘Yes’ is selected, the fields for Witnessing Agency Director and Witnessing Agency Inspector will not appear for completion or signature.
−If ‘No’ is selected, the fields for Witnessing Agency Director and Witnessing Agency Inspector must be completed and electronically signed.
- NOTE: The above question will apply to all Elevator Inspections/Tests in a particular filing. Elevator Inspections/Tests that include a Witnessing Agency cannot be filed in the same submission as Elevator Inspections/Tests that do not include a Witnessing Agency.
- The deadline for resubmissions is extended to June 30, 2019 for ‘rejected’ Elevator Inspection/Test Reports (ELV3) and Affirmation of Correction (ELV29) filings for 2017 and prior year reporting cycles.
- After this date, violations for Failure to File and Failure to File Affirmation of Correction for these cycles will not be dismissed upon resubmission.
Elevators and tagged DOB Now, Elevator Filings on .