There’s a lot to say about the human race and how we’ve changed over thousands of years, but there’s one thing that we have always been throughout history: committed to complaining. The oldest complaint known to history can be found in a cuneiform tablet from ancient Mesopotamia. Ideally, your organization will always run smoothly, without a single customer complaint. Unfortunately, it’s rare that this is a reality. Luckily, there is a simple way to avoid customer disputes. The digital trail is the most basic feature provided by an end-to-end field service management software, but it’s also one of the most powerful functions that keeps businesses and their employees safe from customer disputes and legal liability in a number of ways.
Here are 7 simple ways to avoid customer disputes with an end-to-end field service contractor management software:
- Technicians can attach photos, videos, inspection forms and more to the work order – visual proof of the work completed.
- Customers can sign off on-site for approval of work done.
- Create detailed reports that can be sent to customers as attachment of the invoice. The customer can review the service report, and dispute any charges right then and there on the spot, before a formal invoice is sent out. This means less back and forth with the customer, along with direct proof of the services provided, materials used, and their agreement to the above.
- Technicians can let customers know upfront if they are eligible for free service or if they will need to pay for the service, based on the level of their service contract and the status of their warranty.
- Managers can use geo-tracking for mobile devices to see where their technicians are throughout the course of the day.
- Business owners can review an audit log for work orders and customer records to see a full history of how a work order has been edited.
- Technicians can complete digital forms, such as an inspection report or installation checklist. These steps ensure that procedures and protocol are followed.
This level of transparency provided by a comprehensive field service software protects good customers, good employees, and business owners – allowing owners to minimize their risk and improve their reputation. They can also use their software as a tool for selling – showing customers that they will have transparency throughout the process of working on their home or business.
By providing specific workflows, detailed documentation, and making it simple to share information, field service management software can help you avoid customer disputes.
Contact FIELDBOSS and learn how to keep your customers happy!This entry was posted in Elevators, General, HVAC and tagged Avoid Disputes, Customer Disputes, Transparency on .